A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A freakin' announcement board. Is that too much to ask for?

Hehe. I've looked but im having trouble finding a cgi and flash script for an announcement board. What i want is a private flash form that only the mod would now the url too, that would be for posting annoucements daily on the front page of a site. The output would look a lot like the announcements on the front of flashkit. Its a very pasic sort of formprocessor/guestbook type script, but for some reason, im having trouble finding it. Does anyone know where i could find this? Thanks in advance for your help people.

Hiya!

I believe that FlashGuru has the source available for download for just this kind of thing over at his site: http://www.flashguru.co.uk

I'm working on a similar project at the moment that will have the a choice of PHP or CGI script for backend and also of using MySQL or a flat file to store the news postings. Don't ask me when it'll be ready - I've got a lot of other stuff on at the moment. If you want, sign up for the FlashMailer mailing list over at http://www.netbreed.co.uk/flashmailer and I'll mail you when it's ready.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks so much

this is just an action script that refrences an html or xml file and puts it into an swf, no cgi in this
    *sigh* thanks anyways, still could be useful.

The Supreme Shaman and Keeper of Polar Lights
    Hi !

You may also check #2.B on my page

thanks you 2. I hope this is what i need. I thank you for your help. I just realized my topic sounds a little hostile; didnt mean for it to!