A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems with Importing EPS/AI

Ok here's the big deal: I drew a wrench in Flash, vector based of course. I selected the wrench with the SubSelect Tool, you know, the one where you can see the actual path. Then I exported the image to an EPS file, and tried to import it in Swift. What it gives me is an ugly square without my wrench in it.

What am I doing wrong here? The wrench has borders in Flash, but not in Swift. I'm gonna try some more with Illustrator but I'm afraid I won't get what I have. Can somebody help me out here, cause it's quite annoying like this...

2Design

What's most likely happening is your border (line, box, circle, whatever) is being filled in by swift 3D. Your wrench is most likely there in the middle of the box you see in Swift 3D after importation.

A reccomendation would be to right click on the box and drag downward. This will move the border box backwards in 3D space and you should see your wrench.

Another approach is to create a border with a fill rather than a line in Flash. To do this you can create a larger square, create a smaller square, lay the smaller one ontop of the larger and delete the smaller one to punch a hole in the big one.

It helps to remember that Swift 3D can't extrude a line, like your border since it only has one dimension. It fills that shape instead. If you give it a border with thickness, defined by an inner and an outer line, it will extrude your border without filling it.

I hope that helps.