A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 26 of 96 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    Dark/Fire control could handle a mono-Fire deck pretty well, since it relies on limiting your opponents amount of quantums. Firebolts wouldn't be as effective.
    I've played against a few those player fire/dark decks operated by the computer... albeit not at peak efficiency. Those little burrowing guys that steal mana are not actually a problem. As long as I'm gaining net mana, I let them stay. Sometimes they accidentally get taken out by a rain of fire though.

And if the opponent is wasting resources by stealing or destroying my mana with actions... so much the better for the fire shields and Farenheits.

I just recently bent Congeal's fire/dark deck over a chair, and that was with it destroying 2 of my mana early, having 2 burrowed mana-stealers and getting 2 black dragons out. Honestly, the only play mistake the comp made was destroying my mana early rather than saving it for Farenheit or the shield. I was sitting on 3 fire bolts though, so who knows. Won with 76 life left.

I may, however, have underestimated the ability of dive decks to deal with mono-fire. If I get farenheit out, it's toast, but the sheer swarm the deck can muster will deal damage faster than fire shield and rain of fire can deal with the threats, especially if they draw into blessing and put it on a wyrm or an angel. Again, mono-fire still has the advantage, but I recently lost a game to one of those divers.

Game will only load once per day?

When I start my web browser, first time of the day (PC off over-night) I can navigate to the elementsthegame.com main page and load/play Elements, but if at any point I close that window/tab, I am un-able to re-load/play Elements until a shut-down and overnight.

I tried a re-boot of both the web browser and my PC - no luck. Also tried clearing cache/cookies on my browser - no dice there either. But three times now shutting down then next day loading the page has worked. Why? How can I fix it?

Thanks for the help (sorry for breaking the flow of the "real" Elements related posts)!

--Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Elecid View Post
    I just recently bent Congeal's fire/dark deck over a chair, and that was with it destroying 2 of my mana early, having 2 burrowed mana-stealers and getting 2 black dragons out. Honestly, the only play mistake the comp made was destroying my mana early rather than saving it for Farenheit or the shield. I was sitting on 3 fire bolts though, so who knows. Won with 76 life left.
    Tehehe, that is my deck. But I'm started to wonder if I just got lucky the times I've played against mono-Fire decks. I've usually been able to keep their quantum supply very low, or gaining very little, so it might just be luck of the draw that let me beat them the few times I've played (for example, I haven't come across one that got to use Rain of Fire). Of course, there's also the fact that it's a computer playing the deck.
    Anyways, I still need to work on my deck a bit :[, or I may just scrap it.
    Last edited by icecue7; 06-17-2009 at 08:29 PM.

New deck :D

Quote Originally Posted by Cooder View Post
    I made a mutation deck after the change today (quantum pillers, novas, photons, lycans, mutation) and it has been prity good. Only lost a few and those were mostly due to other side phase shifts.
    I also just made a mutation deck (and an account on the forums, hay guise!). It's awesome and even more fun than the rustler/queen deck, to be honest.

You should all try it out
    Although it isn't competitive enough to beat level 4 decks : anything that abuses freezes/shields.

2-3x Quantum pillar (for using effects given by mutated creatures)
    8-9x Amethist pillar
    3x Maxwell Demon
    3x Purple Dragon
    1x Dissipation shield
    6x Mutation
    6x Spark

I usually just throw down a spark and mutate it, it's starting to give me more and more creatures with 10+ attack at the second turn of every game (I always start with at least 1 pillar)

The downsides to this deck are no anti-spell and that when you parallel-universe an irregular mutated creature, it gets more attack, more defense and usually a better effect.
    Although it seems to me that mutating an irregular mutated creature raises its chances of being a better irregular mutated creature.

I have played with this for so many games now that I'll post my favourite mutation results right now

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    The damage reduction/chance to miss shields impact weapons (Contrary to their description) so momentum will influence the weapon.
    And it will also still have Momentum if the owner casts Flying Weapon on it to turn it into a creature. Not a huge noteworthy thing, but it is worth remembering.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    The downsides to this deck are no anti-spell and that when you parallel-universe an irregular mutated creature, it gets more attack, more defense and usually a better effect.
    When you parallel-universe a mutated creature, the stats change? anyone can verify this?
    and how is this a downside? :P Anywho, time to look at the new changes, sounds like fun

Quote Originally Posted by icecue7 View Post
    Hm, what's causing Ziter to have his score submitted multiple times? It seems to be happening constantly still.
    to be honest, im still not sure myself - -

the only thing that i can come up was that i played this game with many different computer. im not sure if this was really the cause of it ><

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    When you parallel-universe a mutated creature, the stats change? anyone can verify this?
    and how is this a downside? :P Anywho, time to look at the new changes, sounds like fun
    I mean that with all the aether decks and parallel universe spam, when you finally get a monster out that luckily wasn't an abomination, they get to clone it. The original cloned monster's stats don't change but the one they have's stats change, and their effect does too, usually to their advantage.

-Edit-
    The deck is also weak to billions of reverse times :P
    Last edited by Slayd CraVen; 06-17-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Yes I can confirm this disaru. Whenever you parrallel universe a mutated creature it always seems to become a stronger version of that creature, or at least it has in my experience.

Speed changes everything. A Mono Fire deck can now reliably put down a Fire Shield before a Nova enemy brings out the Lycans, Chrysaoras and Fireflys... or at the very least, draw a Rain of Fire or two. Mono Fire pretty much whups Nova-summoned creatures now. Spell reflection would work about as well as Dimensional Shield, that is, not at all... the Fire player would just hold a Deflagration until he's ready to unleash the game-ending Bolt barrage. Since there's no way to drain a lot of mana, and there's no way to block a Deflagration-FireBolt to the face, there is currently no way to "block" Mono Fire's combo other than winning before I can draw enough pillars. Thus I expect it would be a very strong deck even in real PVP. However it is a very boring deck to play (even with Fahrenheit) compared to my old Nova deck.

Right now I see a lot of Otyugh/Graboid decks (Time mark + Gravity pillars) that use Plate Armor. I guess Otyughs are viable again, now that you can't reliably splash Lightning or Reverse Time. Otyughs are lots of fun to play around with.

Water/Life with Mark of Air is an interesting slow deck that I've seen starting to gain ground, with Forest Spirit and the Firefly combo. Dunno how viable it is, however, since it is very dependent on drawing the right pillars.

Death and Darkness - I see top 50 players using these but I always seem to beat them. Both are splash colors to me. Poison Death is probably the strongest deck in this group.

Pure Aether is annoying as hell and powerful just like the last version. But seriously, Parallel Universe, Dragon, DimShield and pillars - what a boring deck to play.

Finally Aether/Time (usually Time Mark + Aether pillars) is probably the strongest all-around deck in the current environment; it was 2nd behind Nova in the last version.

Once Miracle comes out, lots of decks will probably switch to Mark of Light just to play an end-of-game Miracle. Having to include more pillars, and thus losing more often, will be more than made up for by having nearly every win be 60 coins.

Manwe I have to disagree. Time aether is a pretty good deck(I used to use it before I went all aether), but its not as good as an all aether deck. And I still think you're overstating the power of the mono fire decks. because it still takes awhile to get enough quantums out to finish someone with a couple of firebolts. Plus you'd have to use your firebolts and rain of fires to kill my dragons which would effectively slow yo down further. I think that most combos if played right by a real person would stan at leats a decent chance if not a pretty good one in a true PvP match.

Oh and zanzarino i was thinking that adding a meebo chatroom to the site would be very goood(it can be embedded directly onto the site without the need of signing up for anything although people can create an account to access the chatroom directly).
    Also we could make a quick, easy, and free board on invisionfree.com(I could help) so that instead of just one topic we could have several different topics so that people can talk about just one thing in a thread.

I finally got my first victory against samura with his time/dark deck lol. I did have to draw 13 of my pillars before I drew my first dragon lol. You only had 4 cards left by the time I won.
    Last edited by DarkGate; 06-18-2009 at 12:45 AM.

I like the chat widget idea instead of the google comment thing.

Having a dedicated board is a good idea also, but I kind of like the way people are joining flashkit to discuss the game, it gives the opportunity for other flash developers and people that do not know about elements to find out about the game, while a dedicated board would be a secluded corner on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by -Manwe- View Post
    Pure Aether is annoying as hell and powerful just like the last version. But seriously, Parallel Universe, Dragon, DimShield and pillars - what a boring deck to play.
    I am rocking a twist on the pure aether atm, switched to mark of light and threw in a bunch of holy light and a few blessings, it can now counter poison decks easily

one thing I think we can all say is that the PvP AI needs some basic tweaking

it played my graboid deck like a schoolgirl on crack, actually, it plays lots of decks poorly that just need a bit of extra logic, wasting spells etc.

Also, I had no problems beating a pure fire deck repeatedly using blue/white dive monsters + blessings, just too fast unless so you either waste your flamebolts or you save them and die either way
    Last edited by RevKilljoy; 06-18-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Ohhh so thats what this place is haha. I never knew that before. Zanzarino I already have an account on meebo so if you want I could make the room then post the code on here so that you can put it onto the site.

Ooook, I added everything: a meebo chat and a google comments and questions widget, I am not sure I'll keep both of them there, I'll see if and how much people like/use them

alright I'll refresh the site as soon as i get this match done and I'll see you in the chat room hopefully zanzarino

Factions

I have a new idea that I believe would help bring a lot more balance, as well as make the game more fun by adding more combos (or being able to play current ones more easily).

My new idea consists of particular organizations or factions of elementals that have banned together to further elemental knowledge in particular groups of elements. The factions would work as follows:

Faction of Nature

Light
    Life
    Air
    Fire

Faction of Physics

Time
    Aether
    Gravity
    Earth

Faction of Destruction

Entropy
    Darkness
    Water
    Death

Each faction would have access to special pillars that would give 4 quantums, one of each element the faction is researching. Upon buying a membership and agreeing to a doctrine, the member would receive six special pillars. When an elemental leaves a faction they lose access to these pillars. Anyone that is not part of a faction is considered to be part of the Underground. Since even the Faction of Destruction doesn't appreciate self harm, Nova would be banned by any faction, but would still be able to be used by any Underground deck. Immolation would also only be able to be used in an underground deck, but I haven't come up with a good reason for why the Faction of Destruction would ban it. So if you're part of a faction, you get special pillars that work for four elements. If you're part of the underground you get access to cards that help with all elements.

Each faction would have a special ability that each member would be able to gain after they reach a certain rank in the organization. Even higher ranks would allow the ability to become even more powerful. The Faction of Physics would have the ability Intellect, which Zanzarino said would make the mark more powerful giving two quantums instead of one. The Faction of Nature would receive a pet. The Faction of Destruction would have an ability called Resurrection that after four creatures are killed on both sides of the field, 2 quantums of each Destruction element could be spent to resurrect the parts of the four different dead creatures into a random alive creature. The Underground would receive an ability called Shady Dealings which would allow the player to choose the top card or second to top card to draw at the beginning of each turn. The prices at the bazaar and other things like metamorphosis, would also be cheaper since the elemental would have access to the black market.

The upgrade cards option could be used when specializing further into a particular element. I haven't really put much thought into single element specialization yet. It might be just a little too much.

So anyway, these are my ideas - please tell me what you think, particularly Zanzarino. I do realize that they are preliminary ideas and aren't perfect by any stretch.

They seem like good ideas, but they just seem too drastic of changes for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    I also just made a mutation deck
    Cool, I espescially liked the repeatable steal.

I've had some pretty good results with a time nova deck. 6 hourglasses, 6 novas and about 40 cards. The hourglasses make it possible to get the novas out fast enough for it to be effective. I'm itching to see how it would fare against another real person though.

It's made for some interesting strategies. like using the eternity weapon to reverse time my own creatures to avoid the effect of the procrastination sheild. They get put in a time bubble, use eternity to return them to the deck then hourglass to bring them back out again. Expensive but it worked when I had a surplus of quanta and not many creatures left. And using reverse time on myself to stay in a match and not run out of cards.

Which makes me think of another question. Does anybody know what happens if you do a reverse time on one of those mutated supercreatures. Does it keep the bonuses or just return to the unimproved version of the creature?
    Last edited by kethaq; 06-18-2009 at 06:32 AM.