A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1913

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    I've beaten seism a few times with mono-aether. A helpful trick someone else posted here is your first turn, play just one pillar. If it gets EQed, play just one pillar again, and so on, until a turn passes where the AI doesn't play EQ, then you can put all your pillars down. It does slow down your start, but then mono-aether isn't fast to begin anyway.
    Yeah that is my strat and I beat seism a good 85% of the time given that I get 2-3 pillars to start.

Also, once you get towers.. since they don't stack with pillars he can't EQ both at once.

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    Playing T50, when 50% of the decks were aether....lol

Has anyone been able to beat FFQ false god? The last time I played I had to deck out because it had 8 flippin' feral bonds in play....I lobotomized every ffq except the first one, so in the end he was up to like 10 creatures healing for an insane amount each turn....there needs to be a limit on stackable buffs....
    You are so lucky to have lobotomizer, I played against top 50 so many times and never got it, hell I faced a guy with 3 lobo's *deflaged them, maybe he had more* and still didn't get one...but somehow I always manage to get a bloody miracle, morning star or owl's eye even if I'm pretty sure the other person doesn't have it in his deck.

Zanz should really set up a trading system between players, I have 22 owl's eye that I dont even use, 11 miracles, 15 morning stars...it's rediculous at this point.

Also I fought that ffq deck and even if you do manage to damage it, it probably has more than 6 miracles because it used 4 when I was fighting it...and somehow he always seems to get it even when he has 0 cards in his hand...next draw he makes...oh he got a miracle.

Also a quick note to zanz, can you just put beta version back, i'd much rather play beta without score where I actually have a chance to beat lvl 6 and experiment with strategy without worrying about money.

Thumbs up Suggestion for game

First off, i love the game, it is awesome!! Secondly i was wondering if you could find a way to make it so that you could save more than one deck to a username, to make it easier to switch between playing styles??

Quote Originally Posted by sixones View Post
    You are a selfish idiot. That idea is actual a very great one.

And as for your first post, you are a total ****tard.

The false-gods are completely beatable and do not need to get neutered, they are supposed to be the hardest encounter in the game. If you think they are too good for you, don't play them. I absolutely hate games that only have easy encounters, it needs a hard one. Also, the amount of cards that a false god has in its deck doesn't effect anything at all, so why would it need to be changed?
    Why the hateful insults in your post, sixones? Seems unnecessary, but I would agree the false gods seem "alright" as they are now... Why would making Elements a game where you can pay real world money to get in-game benefits be a good idea? I don't see the benefits, but maybe you could explain some of them? I get that 1 rare a month isn't so much to be upsetting to non-"donaters"... Would it be a one-time $5 and forever 1 rare per month?....

--rob77dp

Quote Originally Posted by rob77dp View Post
    Why the hateful insults in your post, sixones? Seems unnecessary, but I would agree the false gods seem "alright" as they are now... Why would making Elements a game where you can pay real world money to get in-game benefits be a good idea? I don't see the benefits, but maybe you could explain some of them? I get that 1 rare a month isn't so much to be upsetting to non-"donaters"... Would it be a one-time $5 and forever 1 rare per month?....

--rob77dp
    I agree with Rob, donaters should get something in return, 1 rare per month or even per $10 value donation wouldn't be so bad. I mean, you can probably win a rare per day if you're lucky. And rares aren't that OP to begin with, it won't disturb the balance.

@ Pilchard, it's still a free game, and donating (and getting a rare) would not obliged to stay competitive in the game. Point in case, I made a new account, and in 1.5 hr of grinding it could compete at t50 level fairly well. You can still win rares many other ways, getting a freebie for donating is just an incentive to donate. PLUS, donating will help KEEP Elements a free game, so I don't think there's any argument that anything that would bring in more donations would prevent Elements from being a free game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    I agree with Rob, donaters should get something in return, 1 rare per month or even per $10 value donation wouldn't be so bad. I mean, you can probably win a rare per day if you're lucky. And rares aren't that OP to begin with, it won't disturb the balance.

@ Pilchard, it's still a free game, and donating (and getting a rare) would not obliged to stay competitive in the game. Point in case, I made a new account, and in 1.5 hr of grinding it could compete at t50 level fairly well. You can still win rares many other ways, getting a freebie for donating is just an incentive to donate. PLUS, donating will help KEEP Elements a free game, so I don't think there's any argument that anything that would bring in more donations would prevent Elements from being a free game :P
    Disaru, I was actually so far against it, but re-reading some of it, I think if the incentive was calm enough and not huge, it would be OK. However, I suspect since donation was added before being that way, it will only go the incentive route if Zanzarino likes it *AND* has extra free time (not likely?) or if no one donates without an incentive (I am not so sure that is the case either...). In any case, donating will keep the game "free" (I know donation is still money, but don't you feel better about CHOOSING to give it out?).

out for tonight,
    --rob77dp

(I know donation is still money, but don't you feel better about CHOOSING to give it out?).

out for tonight,
    --rob77dp
    Yeah, and I'd feel even better if other people helped to donate so that I can waste my time being addicted to a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Disaru View Post
    Also, I made 18 rare cards today.
    Although, I did play for 5 and a half hours.

--rob77dp
    Since I missed this the first time..

I would donate if the game was in immediate danger regardless. But its like how people complain about monthly fees on MMORPG's and what not. The game gives your enjoyable times in exchange for you giving the creators their well-earned money.
    The developers of Elements are no different, they probably put days if not more into creating a game and are still putting time into it. It costs money to keep the servers and website up as it is, they are right now paying for you to have fun in their game. If a small disturbing incentive helps them out then in the end it helps you out. If they are making money from something they would in turn usually invest even more time in it to try to make even more cash on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ray View Post
    You are so lucky to have lobotomizer.

500 Score FTW?

Also, I made 18 rare cards today.
    Although, I did play for 5 and a half hours.
    Yesterday started off great for me.... I was winning an average of 1 rare per 2 lvl6 wins.... but half-way through I didn't win another single rare.... like 12 wins, and no card....
    Last edited by CB!; 08-07-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Also, just found out the hard way... you have to lobotomize Morte's Ray of Lights if you don't want him to play miracle.... I had him down to 8 health, plenty of shields, plenty of creatures to break a bone wall....and tada... miracle...

Just an fyi, I was just playing and I got a message from the flash player saying someone was trying to access my files on my computer and asked if I wanted to allow it. I denied it of course, but...I suppose everyone should keep their eyes open...

mochiads.com was who was trying to access my files...explanation anyone?
    Last edited by r3h0ld3r; 08-07-2009 at 11:17 AM.

500 Score FTW?
    Got a pulverizer cuz I thought aether deck was useless now :/

Unhappy

You are a selfish idiot. That idea is actual a very great one.

And as for your first post, you are a total ****tard.

The false-gods are completely beatable and do not need to get neutered, they are supposed to be the hardest encounter in the game. If you think they are too good for you, don't play them. I absolutely hate games that only have easy encounters, it needs a hard one. Also, the amount of cards that a false god has in its deck doesn't effect anything at all, so why would it need to be changed?
    <explodes, calms down>

Look - That was posted after reading tons of griping, and not reading the newer pages, admittedly quite a few, so perhaps I should have held off. With the amount of whinging - "upgrades make it hard for newbies", etc. - I just threw in a few (out-of-date, maybe) ideas. With that in mind, although I can't really comment on upgrades/false gods, as I haven't actually played since the update or the start of the beta, because I'm on holiday, and only have access to very limited internet (like, no flash), again, THEY WERE ONLY MY IDEAS!!!

As for the $5/month thing, I apologize for that, but as much as you hate too-easy games, I hate premium-content games.

If I offended anyone, sorry. Sixones, sorry, if it seemed selfish, sorry. I'll try to keep to stuff I know about.

Quote Originally Posted by CB! View Post
    Also, just found out the hard way... you have to lobotomize Morte's Ray of Lights if you don't want him to play miracle.... I had him down to 8 health, plenty of shields, plenty of creatures to break a bone wall....and tada... miracle...
    I still don't understand why the hell they gave him miracle. He's hard enough without it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3h0ld3r View Post
    Just an fyi, I was just playing and I got a message from the flash player saying someone was trying to access my files on my computer and asked if I wanted to allow it. I denied it of course, but...I suppose everyone should keep their eyes open...

mochiads.com was who was trying to access my files...explanation anyone?
    That has been happening to me too. I denied it for a couple hours (This always appeared for me at the start screen when it shows your score/wins/losses and your opponents' as well.)

I finally got pissed and went to find out what the hell it was. So, I went and typed in mochiads.com. Their main page says this:

"Fueling the creativity of flash games"
    "Mochi media enables flash developers to monetenize, track, and distribute their games across the internet"

It says a lot more stuff but for some reason it is un-copy and pastable.
    Also, it is the largest "Ad-site for online flash games."

It seems harmless but there is a chance that its going to give you pop-up ads at the same time? Well I don't know, thats all the information I got on that.

Are you supposed to be charged the "lose" fee even if you win? For instance in the last game I played against a level 2 opponent I won 9 coins, afterward I look and find I've gained +4 coins in the coin display, so it seems I was charged the lose fee as an entry fee. I just assumed this was the way it was but my friend who got me into this game told me that he doesn't pay the lose fee at all unless he actualy loses, when he wins 9 coins he just gets +9 coins.
    Last edited by DanTheTimid; 08-07-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Update: Ok I just recieved full coin (no entree fee removed) from the level 2 match I just had, so apparently its not happening to me every time, is there some special requirement that causes you to some times get charged your entree fee and some times not? Is it possible that directly after the matches where it appeared I was charged my lose fee that the coin display was simply lagging in updating and I was eventually returned my entree fee?

note: didn't meant to double post instead of editing the original post but for some reason it wasn't letting me edit my topic at first, but obviously it is now.
    Last edited by DanTheTimid; 08-07-2009 at 01:55 PM.