A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: comment and help with my new website, please

comment and help with my new website, please

hello, i just finished a new website:

http://www.vsstudios.net/

i did the first version in flash and now they asked me to make a html version, so here it is. this is my first html page and i had to learn on the run, jQuery book in hand, lol.

a problem i have is that, though i have a businnes plan in host gator with unlimited storage and bandwith, the videos take forever to load, if they ever load at all. this really worries me, since the videos are the main reason of the website. is it my coding, the plugins i'm using, a bad integration with flash, or a server configuration i don't know about?

please comment and help, thanks

Nice site, it all seems to work except you're right about the videos being EXTREMELY slow. Maybe you need a dedicated server, maybe contact hostgator, maybe compress the videos more?

When trying to view any of the videos I get

Error #2044: Unhandled skinError:. text=[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2036: Load Never Completed. URL: SkinOverPlaySeekStop.swf"]

in Firefox 3.6 and the video does not play even after dismissing the error. I waited about a minute or so.

Same error for all the videos it seems however the others get the first frame?
    subgenius.com

thanks for your observation. looks like there's a problem with one of the files. i'll take that out and see if it gets better

The videos that did work seem ok but some do not work also not liking the text parts of the site > white on green pages < kind lets the rest down and looks a little like a last job effort.

cheers jay.

i improved the videos section, i think they load faster and i have playback controls now. check it out and let me know if they are indeed loading faster

Quote Originally Posted by nazcaline View Post
    i improved the videos section, i think they load faster and i have playback controls now. check it out and let me know if they are indeed loading faster
    Loading fine with play back control but Palatka,Lanhai,Orlans not working here.

yep, those videos are still not prepared. comin' soon, though!

9 Times the Fun
    Videos loaded quite fast for me, no complaints.

As mentioned by freehand the pages with the white text on green could so with a design re-work.