A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drawing in Koolmoves, combining and cutout different shapes

Post Drawing in Koolmoves, combining and cutout different shapes

Guten Tag from Germany,

sorry, my English is so lala.

I would like to create some animations for injection molds. My office are specialized in curved tunnel gates.
    The mold has different inserts, a runner, a spue, and I like to animate how to fill with plastic and open the mold and eject the part.

I have different drawings and was testing the import functionality. DXF and SVG from Inkscape work but not as good as mentioned.
    So my decision is to place a png image and draw the shape new in Koolmoves, because I need an insert at the nozzle side, one at the ejector side,
    ejectors, runner, sprue, curved-tunnel-gate insert and so on.

My question, how can I combine different shapes to one new shape, may be a rectangle and a half outside placed circle?

How can I cut out shapes, may be a rectangle and inside some holes or a runner?

Thank you so much for your help.

Attached you can find a animation, to understand what I mean. It's a zip and included a swf file.

Best regards

Wilfried
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    I understand what you want. Unfortunately, there is no way in KoolMoves presently to combine shapes or to draw inner holes. KoolMoves will handle internally inner holes but the gui isn't there to draw them. I suggest using a program like Inkscape and import the SVG into KoolMoves. If there are SVG import problems, I would like examples.

Dear Bob,
    thank you for your quick answer.

Attached you can find some files in Inkscape svg and also my first Coolmoves aninmation in an zipped archive. It's not ready because I'm playing with how to make the fill sequence.

I produced a video to explain my thoughts. May be I'm wrong with the fill sequence, so please let me know how a good skilled Coolmoves user create such animations.
    http://youtu.be/FoOryJGLUYs

Super Moderator
    I will look at the zip. If I can, I will fix problems with SVG. The two major outstanding problems that I am aware of are SVG gradients and defs.

Thank you Bob.

Super Moderator
    I see that the first two SVGs don't import correctly. I will work on it tomorrow. It is a simple enough example which is always helpful.

I would probably use a mask for the fill sequence to reveal the red over time -- bottom layer is valve without red, middle layer is valve with red filled in, top layer is a mask with depth of 1. It is just a thought.

Super Moderator
    I looked more closely at the first file that fails. The structure of the path data is something I haven't encountered before. I am asking on a forum to gain some understanding of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    IKoolMoves will handle internally inner holes but the gui isn't there to draw them.
    My idea, please look at the Inkscape gui and include these features in Koolmoves?

Otherwise if import SVG from Inkscape works perfect, you don't need to integrate a Inkscape into Koolmoves.

You wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell
    I am aware of are SVG gradients and defs
    What do you mean with defs?
    Different line types with dots and stripes and different thickness?

Koolmoves work perfect with Wine HQ in my Linux Xubuntu 14.04.

Super Moderator
    I fixed the problems with importing test-koolmoves.svg. I appreciate the good example.

Defs are structures in the svg fine that define reusable gradients, etc. -- generally not needed for basic importing of shape points.

I would benefit from studying the Inkscape gui for inserting holes into a shape.

If you want the fix, email me at our support email address (Help > Email Us).

Dear Bob, please check your Email. I found your Emailadress, because you send me an email on March 18. 2015 concerning the License code.

Thank you so much for your help.

If possible please care about die Wine-hq project, so that Mac- and Linux-User has a chance to use Koolmoves. In my Xubuntu 14.04 it runs perfect with Playonlinux. Inkscape SVG and DXF from Librecad are important, in future please care about that import from these programs work good.

Please let me know how to download your software fix with svg from Inkscape.

I have a simple question concerning curves with different points in 20 keyframes.
    In my first keyframe the shape was not precise enough. If I use zoom and look very close, I see in wireframe rendering mode, that I have to move some points a bit. If I change the shape, it's only changed in keyframe one, that means I need to change the shape in all keyframes. A lot of work.

Is it possible to change the shape in keyframe one and it automatically update all other frames?
    I hope you can understand what I mean.

I found configure, complex drawings, the checkbox "draw shapes as symbols", but I think this is an option you have to choose before start a new project.

Please can you help me?

My first animation is ready. I learned a lot. Not so easy, but I guess the second one I will be much faster and more precise in drawing.

If you like please check my file.

Super Moderator
    Very nice. I am glad you got it working.

Here are the final animation. I changed the curves, draw more precise, and the plasticflow I draw new. I'm happy with the result.

But in Firefox or Gnash I see the thread lines blinking and changing it's color from black to green.
    Please check this video on youtube:
    http://youtu.be/3iXrQ6Sl8G8

What's going on? Please can you explain how to avoid this behaviour?

Attached you can find the Koolmooves animation file.

@Bob, anything new about the optimized SVG import?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinogebiss View Post
    But in Firefox or Gnash I see the thread lines blinking and changing it's color from black to green.
    Please check this video on youtube:
    http://youtu.be/3iXrQ6Sl8G8
    Convert that "Gewinde-Linien" group into a MovieClip (and paste it to the end).
    That's all.

cheers

Super Moderator
    I fixed two SVG import problems which I gave you. I will probably release a new version with the fixes and more maybe this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell View Post
    I fixed two SVG import problems which I gave you. I will probably release a new version with the fixes and more maybe this weekend.
    Hi Bob,
    you said you gave me the fixed software, but how? By email or how? Please check your email, my first Name is Wilfried, your last email I received was on 04/15/2015, "Re: License Key Order-Number U6549262302".
    Here you can find my email-adress.

Thanks and take care

Wilfried

Super Moderator
    I sent it by email 5/28 4:18pm USA east coast to an exaflow email address. I suggest you check you spam folder.

Thank you Bob, vielen Dank! I really found your email in my spam folder. Now I have version 9.4.1 installed. Now Import from Inkscape with holes inside a flat surface works pretty nice.

Is it difficult to import center lines (chain line) from Inkscape with dots an stripes?

@Bob, have you ever heard from a software called Vectorian Giotto. It's free software for flash animation. May be you have a possibility to have a look on it.
    http://vectorian.com/

There is also Google Web Designer for HTML5:
    https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

I'm sure you know these software products.

Super Moderator
    Don't use the scrollbar functionality (in File > Preferences) which I believe is part of the beta I sent you.

I will check out Inkscape center lines.