A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 31 of 96 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Elements. Fantasy cards game

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    I lost 9 and 1000 points of rank.
    Are you guys using the older versions?

Anyhow, im surprised you won 2 miracles and dont even use them :P Good deck though.

So far I have one mircle but I'm going to wait until I get two or three before I change my deck for them

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    I'm building and try to improve a totaly different deck ... a entirely new concept ... and it works well (some dificult decks tho..)... let me know what do you think about it if you fight against it...
    ok I think is working fine ... untill now I built some that works... here it is:

concept: a Shield Deck !

effect: I win regarding the full useless unharmed 100Hp of my opponent

here I'll win with 1 Hp against his 100Hp

here I'll win with 100Hp against his 100Hp

Last edited by -Samura-; 06-22-2009 at 01:38 AM.

lol samura shield deck in pretty funny actually

Quote Originally Posted by -Samura- View Post
    concept: a Shield Deck !
    interesting idea. I curious to see if you can actually make it work, consistently that is.

yeah ... is not very consistent yet.(and I really don't know if it is possible to be consistent...) hmm.. I would appreciate any feedback for what AI is doing with that lol ..(like .. I'd like to put a Garboid + Eternity to get a loop endless deck but I think the AI rather will send creatures of the opponent deck and burrow the evolved Garboid ... so I'm not using that combo .. but a simple straight forward long deck..)

hm.. don't know if the mark Time is the best for it ... I think maybe Aether or Light .. or even Fire or Life ... yes probably Time is not the best mark for it ... I'll try the others and see

EDIT: some final images links... (most of them Elemental Mastery's) (I think it got much more consistent with Fire-mark ... yay!) ...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/356/sdvsmaxix.png

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9420/sdvshansika.png

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/733/sdvsjoi.png

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6141/sdvsgrayspace.png

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7...vsohgodwhy.png

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3...vsbuddyjo2.png

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3417/sdvs8fu.png

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9...achenblume.png

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7214/sdvsguillidi.png

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/266...nomadian94.png

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8885/sdvsmalena.png

EDIT3: ok, strangely I'm winning consistently ... I think ....

EDIT2: (hmm.. instead of the Garboid .. i could put a Chrysaora or a Devourer - yes Devourer seems good because it will not do any damage .. but AI will burrow him lol... I'm not trying Creature+Eternity-cycle yet tho..)
    Last edited by -Samura-; 06-22-2009 at 06:08 PM.

lol it's a good deck, but the AI sucks at using it. That's why everybody keeps beating you with 100hp (they put down one reflective shield and wait for the game to end).

@Slayd CraVen

It looks like the game could not save your progress because of some connection/browser issue.

The fact that the chat was not working as well reinforce my suspects; I can not even roll you back because that data never even made it to the database (it was like playing offline).

I am going to add a check and a warning with the new version. Something that will flash on the menu page letting you know that saving data to the database was not possible for some reason.

In the while I'll try go give you back the stats rare that you lost according to your screenshots.

:O Thanks zanzarino! I appreciate it a lot

Oook I think the game still need some balancing (a lot, actually).

While some elements have strong defense mechanisms:
    Aether: dimensional shields
    Darkness: devourers/steal/dusk mantle
    Light: miracle
    Fire: Deflagration/creature control
    Gravity: Otyugh/gravity shield
    Water: freeze / ice shield
    Time: reverse time / procrastination

Others do not, so I am going to complete a set of defensive strategies for the remaining elements:

Entropy: Dissipation shield will consume quanta instead of HP's when hit by a creature/weapon. When no more quanta is available the shield is destroyed. Chaos seed also will have a consistent negative effect, it will either freeze, poison, copy, or damage the target creature.

Life: Empathic Bond, permanent (maybe you guys can come up with a better name); when Empathic Bond is in play every creature you control heals you for 1HP per turn. It is not much, but useful if you have a many creatures in play and can be used together with a shield

Death: Bone wall, it starts with 10 charges, every charge blocks one attack from a creature/weapon. When all the charges are consumed the bone wall is destroyed. Every time a creature is killed the bone wall regenerates, gaining back 3 charges. It will be very effective against a few big creatures, quite useless against many little creatures.

Earth: Diamond shield, like titanium shield but prevents up to 3 damages/attack (and it is quite expensive).

Air: Wings (uses the shield slot), only air and momentum creatures can reach you for 1 turn.

Also:
    Gravity will finally have a dedicated "gravity pull" spell card, that can be used to redirect the opponent's damage on one of your creatures OR on one of the opponent's creature to redirect YOUR damage against it.

Armagio HP's increased to 25.

Cheaper guardian angels.

Plus some bug fixing.

Let me know if you see something wrong with the new cards. Otherwise... I'll proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Entropy: Dissipation shield will consume quanta instead of HP's when hit by a creature/weapon. When no more quanta is available the shield is destroyed. Chaos seed also will have a consistent negative effect, it will either freeze, poison, copy, or damage the target creature.
    Let me know if you see something wrong with the new cards. Otherwise... I'll proceed.
    The shield sounds kinda weak to me -- people don't usually have *that* much quanta stored away so you'll mostly be energy denying yourself by using this shield. That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I guess it would take testing though, with a bunch of quantum pillars dumping 3 quanta per turn and cheap creature cards (To be able to cast with almost no energy) it might work okay. Edit: If it still reduces damage by 1 it sounds like quite a decent shield, especially against small-creature decks. Still, I think it would be a risky choice.

Also, you listed copy as a negative effect of chaos seed -- is that just the backfire and isn't supposed to be negative?

Definitely some interesting ideas there though. Also, would wings block things like the Pegasus?
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-22-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Zanzarino, those are some amazing ideas but i think the Dissipitation shield is still weak, and the bone wall sounds over powerd, because with a couple of boneyards and oty's, u can basically create a perfect defense....three charges is way too many. The thing im really lookin forward to is the card upgrading system u mentioned earlier, becasue sometimes i have a good deck and im winning battles and stacking up gold, which i could use for upgrading cards rather then by cards. OHHH and the dissipitation can be good if it did everything u said AND it also heled up ur quantums every time an entropy creature dealt damage to the opponent

Quote Originally Posted by zanzarino View Post
    Chaos seed also will have a consistent negative effect, it will either freeze, poison, copy, or damage the target creature.
    With a reliable chaos seed, a mutation deck could actually be practical (and loads of fun). I've seen it do some crazy things.

But anyways. The game does need balancing. I'm getting frequent 60 point wins with the stock mono-aether deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocoli View Post
    the bone wall sounds over powerd, because with a couple of boneyards and oty's, u can basically create a perfect defense....three charges is way too many.
    Personally, I think the bone wall is okay with 3 charges initially -- you can whittle it down even against a boneyard, and it will encourage making decks that have the ability to put out a few small creatures to aid in such a thing. Plus there's always direct destruction of it, and/or the otyugh or whatever creature is doing the killing to provide charges for it.

The other one I'm thinking might be too weak besides the entropy shield is the wind one, wings. It just seems like it might not be worth the card slot in your deck for only one turn protection that still has weaknesses. It could possibly be the card that protects even from momentum (But just for the one turn, which would be its big drawback) - if they're not flying, no amount of being unstoppable lets them get to you.

Last thought for now from me for zanzarino - I wouldn't expect the game to be anywhere close to balanced yet. Even the big card games like mtg are still imbalanced at top levels, and those games have been around for ages and the designers should have a lot of experience at making their cards work (There's only a few "good" decks and a ton of useless cards - even in the newest expansions) and you're doing an excellent job with the minor progressive tweaks to bring things into being fair. Plus you don't even have PVP available yet for the more rapid and in depth testing that will allow. I hope you can just keep at it, the game is great.
    Last edited by Bianary; 06-22-2009 at 03:08 PM.

ahaha bone wall is freaking awesome
    I think it should cost at least 7 quantums to play though.
    I'm so sure that death/gravity will be my favourite deck next patch, with bone wall and gravity pull.

For life, I think you should give them something more useful such as a permanent that makes you gain about 4 life every turn costing about 5 quanta (it would be like a druidic staff except dealing no damage and healing a bit more), or make Empathic Bond heal more than the monster's original HP (because things that deal damage to monsters take out at least 3 hp most of the time) and make it cost at least 7 so spamming them wouldn't be too viable.

For the dissipation shield, i think you should make it randomly force the opponent's monster to attack his own life points (maybe a 30% chance). That would be entropy-like

It would also be cool if you could make a shield (for entropy) that would be 1-2 uses that mutates a creature with a 2 turn cocoon delay. That way it would be good against big things to stall for a bit and would be against you if you used it against small monsters for instance.

For wind, I think you should make a tornado card of some sort that adds 1 damage to all wind monsters, making dive more effective. Although it should cost a lot and/or possibly drain wind quantums every turn.

This post is for lordmagfire:
    I made a decent foresti spirit deck that I think you'll win loads with. It also doesn't cost a lot considering the cards that you already have (I'm guessing).
    BTW when you check out the deck, i suggest you take out 1 or 2 emerald pillars to put in more sapphire pillars

Here are a couple of screenshots, one is the deck and one is a game i played with it.

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/959...spiritdeck.jpg
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1065/4lordmagfire.jpg
    Last edited by Slayd CraVen; 06-22-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayd CraVen View Post
    For life, I think you should give them something more useful such as a permanent that makes you gain about 4 life every turn costing about 5 quanta (it would be like a druidic staff except dealing no damage and healing a bit more), or make Empathic Bond heal more than the monster's original HP (because things that deal damage to monsters take out at least 3 hp most of the time) and make it cost at least 7 so spamming them wouldn't be too viable.
    I'm pretty sure empathic bond was healing you, not your creatures -- one life per creature in a firefly deck could build up to quite a lot.

OH, I must have misread.
    Well then it sounds like a very good card :P

Quote Originally Posted by kethaq View Post
    Oh, whoever actually first implemented the blessed flying vamps. That was a stroke of genius.
    Mwhahaha, thanks I was hoping people would like that. It's also probably feeding people a lot of stilettos since it isn't too hard to beat, but it is really fun to play. High percentage of Elemental Master wins with all the healing, too

Quote Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
    Also, you listed copy as a negative effect of chaos seed -- is that just the backfire and isn't supposed to be negative?
    I think copy is the parallel universe effect. which is still a negative effect to the person it is cast against